Global VAT Compliance (GVC) is a leading provider of tax compliance services based in The Hague, The Netherlands and Davao City, The Philippines. We operate in more than 90 countries in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. We help our clients comply with their VAT obligations through automation and expert advisory.
Global VAT Compliance
GVC is based in The Netherlands and The Philippines. Our office in The Netherlands is responsible for sales and marketing, tax technology solutions, tax advisory, audit support, and client relationship management. Our office in The Philippines is the global delivery center of GVC supporting our clients with VAT compliance services and back office processes for GVC.
The Finance Team is responsible for accounting, preparation and filing of tax returns, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Ultimately, the Finance Team is responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
What can you expect?
You will start with basic introduction for one month. After completion, you will be assigned to our Finance Team. You will work closely with our Dutch Finance Team. After four to six months, you will be ready for your position as Finance Lead. You will have frequent interaction with our team in the Netherlands. We expect from you that you will take responsibility for your assigned tasks with the support of experienced staff (“buddy”) and your team lead.
We do employ about 50 tax compliance specialists and support in Davao and about 50 staff in the Netherlands. Our office is located in Unit 301A, 3rd Floor, Topaz Tower, Damosa I.T. Park, Lanang, Davao City.
Global VAT Compliance is the joined trade name of Global VAT Compliance B.V. registered in the Netherlands and Hartman Business Solutions Inc. registered in the Philippines
- BS in Finance
- BS in Business Administration Major in Financial Management
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- Three to five years of working experience in the field of business, finance, or bookkeeping.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Experience with finance software (preferably Xero or Exact).
- Experience with the preparation and filing of BIR tax returns.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail, handle short notice tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong work ethics, with the ability to manage confidential data.
- Positive attitude and strict in meeting deadlines to deliver reports.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute to a fast-growing company.
- Can work independently, as well with the team, with high efficiency without much supervision.
- You will be assigned as Finance Team Lead with 2 staff reporting to you.
- Process and manage records, receipts, and invoices.
- Preparation and filing of BIR returns.
- PEZA reporting and other reporting required by the Government.
- Reconcile monthly transactions.
- Generate, prepare and update monthly Aging, as well as AR and AP Overviews.
- Track bank deposits and payments.
- Answering financial queries and issues.
- Handling discrepancies by thorough investigation of financial information and data
- Collaborate and keep a working relationship with several partners and subcontractors
- Coordinate with the Finance Team in The Hague.
- Support the Finance Manager with projects and tasks when required.
What we offer
- A salary of php 20k-25k per month depending on relevant experience.
- A bonus system depending on performance.
- Career opportunities based on performance.
- A workweek of 40 hours in day shift.
- Working in a team-oriented environment.
- International experience in a fast-growing company.
- Development of skills in different areas of our work.
- Six months training on the job (probationary).
- Regularization after successful completion of the training.
- Medical Insurance/HMO.
- Being part of a young and dynamic team of professionals.
- Work- life balance, company events, team activities.
- Application letter
- Updated resume
- Transcript of record
Step 1 – Submission of application letter, resumé, and transcript of records
- Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2 – Screening and verification of documents
- The documents you have provided will be verified
- You will be contacted should you qualify for the next step
Step 3 – Initial interview
- Two interviews with HR and team leads
Step 4 – Interview and Final selection
- Final interview
- Final selection and confirmation
Step 5 –On-site Orientation
- Introduction of the company and the team
Are you interested? Please send your application with resume to email@example.com or contact Anne Lim for further information at 906 482 6893.