The North Macedonian Public Revenue Office, on September 25, announced changes to the VAT Law, encompassing several key measures:
- The application of VAT on revenue generated from services within North Macedonia and the import of goods.
- The introduction of the tax agent concept, effective January 1, 2024, along with regulations regarding the tax treatment of value vouchers.
- An increase in the preferential VAT rate from 5% to 10% for luxury food products, effective from September 1.
- A reduction in the preferential VAT rate from 18% to 5% for feminine hygiene products, also effective from September 1.
- A decrease in VAT rates on digital textbooks, effective from September 1.
- The postponement of the application of the general tax rate on the initial turnover of residential buildings and apartments until December 31, 2025.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest VAT news