The Italian Federal Government announced Decree-Law No. 80, reducing the VAT rate and miscellaneous charges for Q3 2022 to mitigate the impact of price hikes on natural gas and energy providers.
The following changes have been proposed:
- Reduced VAT by 5% for natural gas supplies of household and industrial use to apply the consumption invoices filed in Q3 2022
- Conserving the miscellaneous charges for the natural gas sector enforced in Q2 2022
- Reducing the charges by up to EUR 240 million for the utilization threshold of up to 5,000 cubic meters per year for Q3 2022
- Zeroing charges in the electricity sector for Q3 2022
- Providing incentives for electricity and gas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest VAT news